Saturday, December 7, 2019

December Weekend in Langley, Whidbey Island

The village of Langley has a little Christmas parade on the first Saturday of December. It's a little parade because it's a little town. 

After a slow morning we headed out, with our first stop at the Bayview Grange Hall where we shopped for crafts at the small Christmas market.  We found some treasures, but they are secrets.

In Langley we stopped in at the Whale Center and the Chocolate Flower Farm Shop before taking our place on the curb of 1st Street.  Here comes the parade.

The bagpipe band led it off.

 The locals have fun putting on this community event.
 While it had rained earlier, now there were just occasional light sprinkles.




 No horses, but goats and dogs.



 Santa rode the fire truck, of course.
After the parade we shopped up and down the two main streets, enjoying the decorated shops.








 The ever present Langley bunnies made their appearance.

 Back at the cabin we went for a short beach walk under rapidly darkening skies.  Solstice is not far away now. 

We settled into the cabin to read our electronics and cook and eat and play games.  All is good.

12 comments:

  1. Nice pictures of a cute parade. The decorations are really fun to see. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The small communities can have a very good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds lovely even in the rain...we have rain here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet parade! And no snow too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great day for a parade! The bunnies must be so used to humans. I like that.. "read our electronics".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great how it looks like anyone who wanted to could march. Goats, dogs, bag pipes, what is not to love?
    Loved the decked out rooster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bagpipes! I loved seeing the pipers leading off the parade. My mom was born in Glasgow, so I grew up listening to and loving bagpipe music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the bunnies. I wondered why there was a cage around the potted plants.
    I love bagpipes. And a parade that has goats and dogs!! Sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those gnomes are so cute!! What a fun day you must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a satisfying weekend with family -- and a goat thron in for good measure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! This is so much fun!

    By the way, I’m in Maryland right now visiting with my son’s family. After that we’ll head to Illinois before returning home. My brother is staying with my mother now which is great. I haven’t been able to blog since leaving Hawaii, but I scheduled posts ahead of time. I wonder if they’ll have a parade here. We did go to a Christmas Village thing which was such fun!f

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.