Sunday, December 22, 2019

Moving Toward the Light

It's the day after Solstice and it's already lighter!
And the rain stopped!  Tom and I went out for a walk today for the first time in a long while. It felt great to be outside with Christmas music on my iPod. With weeks of decorating and baking and gifting, we were too busy and too tired for more walking, and then when we did have time to rest, the rain was unrelenting. But now! Dry, and the sky is lightening.  In fact, over to the west, the Olympic Mountains are in sunlight! I think some of the blue sky might be heading this way. 

Yesterday the sun set at 4:20, and here was what that sunset looked like over Henderson Bay at Jan's house.  The already dark day just got darker, but at least the rain had stopped. 
Inside we had light and warmth and fun. I didn't take many photos, but we played games and ate and opened gifts and ate some more. We laughed and learned about the Solstice and just enjoyed being together. 
Jan had stockings for all of us, not just any stockings, but Blue Footed Booby stockings. Blue Footed Boobies are a family thing with us, sort of an inside joke, but there is also a real appreciation for the odd and different. As I said, we had fun. 

Now I'm settling in to watch the Seahawks football game. Jill and the kids are there in the stadium. I am happy to be in my recliner, and there are cookies left over from yesterday that I get to eat. 

Happy Holidays!

11 comments:

  1. Nice that you're taking a well-earned break to sit back and relax ( and eat cookies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took a look at the game score and decided I'd skip it and hope for the best anyway! Happy Solstice, Linda! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brightness in the sky over the Olympic Mountains is pretty. Watching the game from the recliner, with cookies, sounds better anyhow. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice when a long dull period of weather is over. The spirits are raised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a happy solstice. Yes, staying cozy at home with a nice TV view is fine for me these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are nice looking stockings. It's always nice to have family get togethers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a scary title for a moment. So glad it is the light of day you are moving towards:) Sorry about the Seahawks game but recliner and cookies sounds like a cool option.
    Loved those stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so happy to be moving towards more light but right now we are cloudy with rain coming for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun Times. Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't noticed a longer bit of light yet but just knowing it is creeping back is nice. Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It startles me over here to see it’s still dark at 6:30 AM. I know it’ll get lighter soon, but for now I do sleep longer.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.