Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cold!

We woke this morning to frozen fog.  After walking out to the street to get the newspaper, I grabbed my camera to take a few shots.





 The sun was trying to burn through, and eventually it did.
After a slow start, I checked the turkey ads to see where I should shop.  I decided I needed to take advantage of the sales to get my Christmas turkey.  QFC had the best deal today, $.39 per pound if you spend $25.  No problem. 


I went grocery shopping and then Tom and I went to REI to shop their winter sale for Christmas gifts.  Back home, I had a slow lunch, watched the Seahawks game get under way, and then bundled up to go for a 3.7 mile walk while listening to the game on my ipod.  I was back home to watch much of the second half.  We won again! Amazing!  


I'm still working on getting the Sunday paper read.  When I finish this post I'll go check out the editorials.  We're also watching the Major League Soccer Final for the MLS Cup - LA Galaxy vs Huston Dynamo.  Soccer has a very long season!  I'm glad I'm not still standing in the stadium, out in the cold.

9 comments:

  1. what fun frozen leaf photos! It looks cold. It was 65 here today but we're going north to visit family for thanksgiving and it's in the 30-40 degree temps up there. brr....

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't understand why northern states don't all have domed stadiums like Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brr. Those leaves sure look wintery Linda. The frost on them look good really - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. The frost on the red leaves is so beautiful. It seems early to be that cold.
    We don't get the Seahawks games down here :( so nice to have hope when I saw your FB post! Ron is happy this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the frosty maple leaves, Linda, they are gorgeous. And I thought of you again when I saw that the Seahawks won another one! Yayy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Mother nature was busy with her glitter pen. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The frosty leaves are just beautiful! Jack Frost is a wonderful artist indeed! We are cold here today, high 30s but the sun feels good coming through the windows. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is getting cold here too..Brrr... that was a great price on turkey..it is just hubs and me..I am doing lasagna..my one day for carbs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially love that 3rd photo, Linda! They're all fantastic. I love how the frost is clinging to the edge of the leaves.

    We're big fans of REI!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.