Saturday, November 19, 2011

Settling Down

After the drama of stove/no stove this last week, I am working on slowing down a bit.  


Last night Jill, Corey and the kids joined us for that pot roast dinner, followed by brownie sundaes.  Everyone left well fed.


This morning Tom and I accepted an invitation to accompany some friends to a holiday bazaar at Pacific Lutheran University.  We found a few items to buy as Christmas gifts and a few more decorations for the house, not that I need any more decorations!  We had lunch together and enjoyed some good visiting.


It was 2:30 before we got back home.  I got the laundry done, did a workout on the stationary bike and fixed leftovers for dinner.  Now we'll settle in for what looks to be a cold night.


In today's mail I got the first of the paper work that will be coming to settle Mom's estate and disperse the inheritance among her five surviving children. It still amazes my siblings and me that she was able to provide for her care and still leave a sizable estate after living so frugally all her life.  We'll have to be good stewards of her legacy.


I'll do the paperwork tomorrow.  For today, I'm done.

4 comments:

  1. relax and rest after a full energetic day-me too with editing and submitting some poems to statewide contests...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed that my in-laws were able to build their estate as well as they did given their jobs.. Maybe some of us have lost that ability or maybe it will be much harder for people in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing woman your mom was, Linda. She accomplished so much in her life and was such a positive influence on all of you. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David's and my parents had a lot of cash in the bank. A lot of cash! Due to high interest rates (15%). We are not as fortunate.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.