Saturday, November 26, 2011

Moving On to the Next Holiday

Yesterday morning we enjoyed catching up with friends at our Friday morning breakfast.  We have our calendars set for our Christmas shop field trip and our Lucia dinner.


On the way home we stopped at the Wild Birds Unlimited store for bird seed, and looked next door and a few doors down at Trader Joe's and Albertsons for mincemeat.  We struck out on the mincemeat.


I use mincemeat in my fruit cake, which I decided to make again this year. I had already looked at Safeway and QFC.  There was one more place to try - Fred Meyer.  Oh, oh.  I forgot about the socks at Fred Meyer.  Lots of people buying their half-off socks for the year.


Anyway, they had mincemeat!  With the brandy I picked up at the liquor store by Trader Joe's I'm set to make fruitcake on Sunday, when we expect the next rain storm.


But yesterday was beautiful!  So in the afternoon I got out to rake up the lawn.


Tom took the leaf blower to the roof to clean it off and then treat the moss.  And then he worked on Christmas lights.
I used the blower to clean up the patio and then finished raking the lawn.

Everything is nice and tidy now, at least until the next wind storm.
And we have lights on the house!

We will be meeting Jill and the kids at the airport later this morning as they make their way home from their Colorado Thanksgiving.  We have plans to discuss about places to go and do and see during the holiday season.  And secret shopping to plan too.  I have kids this year!


We're moving on to Christmas!  Let's have some fun!

11 comments:

  1. As always I enjoy your photos and posts. Thanks for mentioning Wild Birds Unlimited, I just Googled it and discovered there is one not too far from where I live. I'll be paying them a visit today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I especially admire your way of finding something to do every day. You would certainly be bored with my sedentary lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you two are well on your way to being ready for Christmas. The lights look beautiful on your house. I bet you're sewing up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now I'm ready for Christmas preparedness and decorating. Your yard looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great that you were able to have perfect weather in order to do yard clean-up and to be able to decorate for Christmas. How wonderful Christmas will be at your house this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lights! And what a neat and tidy lawn... ready for the windstorm tomorrow, it looks like! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks lovely, Linda. Art refuses to put up the tree before December. We'll see about that! He LOVES fruitcake, but he's the only one in the family that does along with his sister. It seems so hard to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always your yard is amazing.. I remember being horrified as a child when I was offered a piece of mincemeat pie thinking it was made of meat...LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a pretty yard! :) I am a new follower of your blog! :) Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas at Grandma's house, what fun, what hard work.
    Your lawn is pretty and green raked of leaves. With no lawn, picking up the leaves is a challenge for us. Jules tries to vacuum the leaves without getting the bark that mulches the yard.
    Michael and his parents will be coming to Grandma's for Christmas this year. It is a long drive for them but a nice break in their routine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the lights are really pretty
    I love your house and yard and patio
    so pretty

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.