Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baskets Full Of Easter Joy

Easter morn dawned sunny and peaceful, such a wonderful gift.


The table was set yesterday.


 About 9:00 Tom got the ham on the grill.  This ham traveled from Colorado in Jill and Corey's freezer last August, part of the pig they bought last year.
 We noticed a nut hatch checking out a bird house out by the apple trees.
 Here's the photo some of you asked for of me in my new duds.
 It's time to play Easter Bunny.
 But I took off the white jacket and layered up because it was still quite chilly.

 I liked matching the eggs to the flowers.





 We were also celebrating Jake's birthday today since it is really Wednesday when everyone but Tom and I are working.  Here's his Birthday berry pie.  Jill made a cherry pie, her favorite, and there was also a lemon dessert.
 Back in the kitchen I got the scalloped potatoes into the oven and then prepared the fruit salad.
 The Gibson's arrived about 11:30 after church.  It was time for more Easter basket fun.

 Jill added the party favors to the table.
 And then Jake and Tad arrived and the asparagus got grilled and Jill's "Good Morning Buns" got warmed and frosted, and then it was dinner time. There are no photos of this because we were all busy.


After dinner we cleaned up and divided leftovers and stored everything in the fridge and then it was time for the egg hunt.  Irene and Julie showed off their peacock dresses.
 Jill is a competitive egg hunter.
 Jake is systematic.
 Tad was doing fine.
 Jill's big basket seems a bit empty.
 Irene is upset.  "I only have one egg!"
 I gave her some help.  That fixed it.
 Have we found them all yet?  We need to count.
 We decided there might still be one out there somewhere, but it was time to check the loot, and then get to some serious trading, buying and selling.  Jake only wanted money.  Tad only wanted candy. The kids got in on the dealing.
 By now it was warm enough to melt chocolate.  The kids ate their candy in the shade, and away from the candy thieves.
 Birthday time, in the shade.


And then there was more eating.


Jill and the kids are now on spring break, and loaded up their food and fun stuff and headed for the cabin at Rockaway Beach.  Corey went home alone with his goodies.  Jake and Tad took off for further adventures.


Tom and I finished putting away, then changed clothes and went outside to putter a bit.  I went for a walk, listening to birds singing and kids playing in the neighborhood.


I just had a hard boiled egg for an evening snack.  Tomorrow I'll make egg salad.  And now it's time to settle into my recliner with some more dessert.


It was a lovely day.

11 comments:

  1. You look great in your new outfit. I also like the new table cloth and your apron. Irene's dress is so pretty; love the shades of blue. Easy to see you all had a great time. Happy birthday to Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack för att Du visar så fina bilder från ert påskfirande. Ser att ni redan har våren i full blom. Jag gläder mig åt att se er fina familj. Av dina bilder tycker jag att du konstnärligt har lyckats särskilt bra med bilderna 9, 10 och 11. Roligt är det också att se dig när du värper alla äggen på olika hemlighetsfulla ställen. Tom är fin som Mästerkock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice duds for an Easter bunny! You look simply great, LInda, and your Easter festivities were perfect. I love the nuthatch picture, too. Irene looks wonderful in her new dress, and now that all your family is here, you are definitely enjoying it. So am I! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a huge yard to hide eggs in. Good they aren't real...lol! I went to church with my twin grand daughters, then a ham dinner, a walk in 80 degree weather, and played croquette-however you spell it outside-fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, these Reeder family events are something to behold. Wonderful. Linda, you weren't kidding when you said you took your health into your own hands, you look amazing. Wow! You haven't mentioned your foot problem in a while. Am I right to assume losing all that weight helped it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the photos. I loved Irene in her dress. Also, that Isaac is getting so handsome! Your table was colorful. You look simply amazing. Good job on the weight loss. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You looked great in your new duds Linda. And you set a pretty table for Easter. Great photos of the day and I can see you had a very happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda,

    What a lovely blog...and delightful post! Love that table! You and everyone look happy and great. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly gave your family a great Easter Linda. Well done. Bet you enjoyed it too - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Irene looks nice in that dress you made for her - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful post! How fun, and I enjoyed meeting your lovely family. I like that the big kids got busy finding the eggs too.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.