Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Irene Is Seven Today

In the usual Reeder style, we have been having a birthday pageant, which is what we call our days-long celebration.  But today, April 17th, is Irene's real birthday.

This was Sunday.
 Today there will be more celebrating.  Irene's mother, and Dad, too, have been busy.


There are cookies with edible peacock feathers to take to school.
 And for this evening, a peacock cake!
We will have to go eat more cake and ice cream.  Oh no!


Irene shares my name - Irene is my middle name, and my date, the 17th, mine being in July.  She shares my love of beauty and flowers,  and of course, she shares my heart.


Happy Birthday, Beautiful!

7 comments:

  1. "She shares my heart." Touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little girl sure does share your heart, and you remind her of that often in so many thoughtful ways. The peacock cake is quite a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRENE!!!! What a pretty girl she is and these are fabulous photos. What a shame you have to eat all that cake and ice-cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cookies and cake are just too wonderful. My granddaughter is nine this year, and when her birthday rolled around, I talked to her mother about going up to her school near Boulder, CO to bring cookies like we had last year. No go. The new school she attends does not allow cookies for birthdays. They don't allow them for any of the holidays either. They are on a health kick, and the school will only allow veggies and healthy choices for celebrations. I think that the school has to provide the treats for holidays and parents can't even bring in anything from home. So sad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your two blogs about Irene's birthday you all sure gave her a great time Linda. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your daughter Irene....nice blog ...already linking it...from Malaysia...xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.