Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Flowers and Fragrance

I really enjoyed working in the yard Monday and Tuesday.  The sun was shining and the temperature reached into the 60s, such a pleasant change from our weather up until last weekend.


The final Easter egg revealed itself yesterday.  I guess it rolled out from under a plant and off the wall.  I netted 60 cents and some M&Ms.
 Working out in the front of the house yesterday was especially pleasant because of the fragrance coming from these early bloomers noted for scent. 
 Viburnum burkwoodii is especially sweet.
 Oregon Grape is lighter, with a little more spice.


 Daphne odora is wonderful.  A small sprig brought indoors can really "smell up" a room.
 The mild weather has really brought on the blooms, and the trees are leafing out.
 Daffodils are already fading, but now comes tulip time!
After a busy Easter and two days of hard work outside, I am feeling tired today, so it's just as well that the rain has returned to freshen everything up.  Another great weekend has been promised.

6 comments:

  1. We had rain today also. Have to admit I'm really looking forward to a nice week-end. Daughter will be here and she enjoys Oregon weather but I think even she would enjoy a nice week-end here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have some beautiful weather -- for a few days and I enjoyed every minute! Ah, well, more rain, but at least it isn't cold!! Love your garden and flowers as always!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost smell those flowers, Linda. And I forgot to compliment you on your header, with that egg peeking out from under the trillium! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What heavenly gardens. I wish that I could experience the fragrance. I have a couple of shivering daffodils out by the garage south-facing wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    those are really beautiful gardens...it intrigues me that you have such different plants in your area then we have here in NC..a lot of those I'd never heard of! But they are so so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.