Sunday, April 15, 2012

Irene's 7th Birthday Celebration

Irene and family arrived at 10:00 this morning and approved of all of the decorations.
I did the peacocks.  Jill ordered the parrots/scarlet macaws on line.  We were ready for a Happy Birdday.


The procession, including Aunt Jan and Ann, headed north to Alderwood Mall and the American Girl store.

There was lots to ooooh and aaaah over.
Although the guys soon lost interest.  Fortunately there was a whole mall to explore before it was time to be seated for lunch.
Jill and Irene made an appointment for Julie to get her hair done after lunch.
And then it was lunch time.  We had the "Birthday Package", which means we got the full meal deal, and goodies for the birthday girl and her friends.


There were appetizers.


And entries that appealed to youngers and olders.


And then there was cake!
Happy Birthday to you.






We all entertained ourselves while Julie got her doll do, and then we returned home.  The plan had been to have ice cream sundaes here, but no one was ready for more food.  But there were presents!



Lego for girls!  It's about time!
The purse I made was a hit.
Irene had seen an enormous sundae at the doll store restaurant and said she wanted one just like that.  I delivered.  We sat in the decorated dining room and some had ice cream.  I did!  

Did she finish all that?  Well, not quite.  But boy, did she have a great birthday!

9 comments:

  1. You didn't let us down. I keep thinking you can't keep this up but you always come through with another winner.

    You have certainly gotten your money's worth out of Irene's peacock feather head dress. I don't think I've seen a picture of her since that she wasn't wearing it.

    Wonderful, just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. spectacular...looks like lots of work but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day for all and particularly for Irene!! Delightful captures! Thanks for sharing the fun!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET IRENE! ALOHA FROM HAWAII.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great birthday for sure! Gee, I'd have loved a party like this when I was a kid. Actually, I'd love a party like that today. You made a special girl feel special. She's adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day. I tried to remember my seventh birthday and just couldn't. I don't think Irene will forget hers, though. And that is a very nice peacock pin you are wearing with the peacock girls! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special party! I loved how you decorated your home; the pretty crepe paper and bird things. Happy Birthday to your sweetie!

    I have been scrolling down and catching up with all of your news. Loved reading about the Sounders game and seeing the beautiful garden pictures. You post like I do "a lot", so I had better be checking in more often, Linda!

    Have a wonderful week,

    Your Oregon friend,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another spectacular celebration. You have a fun family for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I guess so. She had a birthday any girl would envy. It all looked just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.