Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Saturday for Soccer

What a beautiful afternoon for a Sounders match in Seattle!


The stadium was packed full, about 38,000, for the 1:00 match,  to watch the Sounders vs the Colorado Rapids.

We were in our usual seats, in the sun, in the north end.  Across from us, the Emerald City Supporters were in good form, as usual.

 Center front we found Jill, Jake and friend Tyler.  Isaac is there too, but too short to show up.
 It was a well played match, with the result we wanted, a 1-0 win for the Sounders.


After helping our North End supporter group take down banners, we headed back toward Pioneer Square to Temple Billiards, a club where Jake was meeting up with friends to celebrate his birthday.
 We stayed briefly, and then took Isaac  so Jill could go party with her brother.  We found a fun toy store in Pioneer Square to browse before heading to the train to come home.
 "The bluest Skies you've ever seen are in Seattle", as the song goes.
We expecting another clear day tomorrow for celebrating Irene's 7th birthday, which is really on Tuesday, April 17th.


There will be pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Glad your team won. Your camera zooms in very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, another wonderful day today! We are so happy to see the sun for so many weekend days. And I really like that picture of you and Isaac. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved your photos the last few blogs. It looks beautiful there. Here is Missouri, we are a month ahead of schedule with plants and flowers. I share the birthday with Irene. I enjoy the dresses you make for her and her doll. I can't wait until my grand daughter is old enough for an American Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had a rainy weekend for my family's visit but the sun is full out today...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.