Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Peacock Dress, and Easter Eggs

Here it is, the great unveiling!



The Gibsons were over for dinner and to dye Easter eggs tonight, and I gave the kids their new duds.
 There were squeals of delight when Irene unwrapped her dresses.  Oh, look, there's one for Julie too!  Jill approved.
And Isaac liked his new Mariners baseball replica jersey.


Irene told me she "loves the details of the dresses I make".


That was before dinner.  And then after dinner we  colored Easter eggs that I had boiled earlier in the day.






 I love the colors of Easter!
In the background you can see that it is still daylight!  On the way over the kids saw a rainbow, and it was raining and sunning at the same time!  April showers.


The eggs will go into the refrigerator to await Easter day.  Then we'll use some to decorate, we'll eat some, and we'll send a bunch home with the kids.  Egg salad sandwiches are in my future! Yum.

13 comments:

  1. Another winner on Irene's dress. Your eggs came out well. The colors are beautiful. Such fun for all of you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dresses! I agree with Irene about liking the details. Glad everyone had such a great time coloring the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress and other clothing look great Linda. You are very skillful. Colouring Easter Eggs must be a custom there? They look nice - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is some creative sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder Irene loves her dress, peacock fan and all. Congratulations on your win over at Joan's place, Linda. You deserve it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful dress for beautiful Irene...such a cutie! and Linda you are looking great! Keep up the good work...we are dying Easter eggs this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering what you'd do with all those eggs! Cute dress and something for Isaac-too how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing dresses--such beautiful, peacock worthy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning peacock dresses for grand daughter and her doll. What a lovely gift. And the t-shirt is undoubtedly just what Isaac wanted. You're right: the colors of Easter are lovely. The eggs sure photograph well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Linda!! Playing a little catching up today and am so glad I stopped by to visit! What fun you all had decorating eggs. From the looks of it, there's no doubt in my mind that you will have a wonderful Easter Sunday! Enjoy! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. "loves the details of the dresses I make".and that says it all doesn't it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun coloring eggs with the kids! They look great and none of the purplish brown we sometimes end up with from too many multiple dips.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors of Easter also. The eggs are beautiful!

    The dress you made for Irene is stunning and so creative. I can see why she would say she loves the details. I hope when she outgrows the dress, you will carefully take it apart and make it into a keepsake quilt for her. The design, fabric, and detail needs to be preserved, remembered, and treasure for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.