Monday, April 2, 2012

We're Busy Living Life

When I realized I hadn't posted since last Thursday morning, I though I'd better figure out something to say and check in!  


I thought "well nothing much happened", and then upon further review, I realized I was just too busy to post!  


Last week, before celebrating our anniversary on Thursday, I finished my Easter table cloth and matching napkins, and just for fun, a new Easter apron for me.



Thursday afternoon, we went to the optometrist so both of us could get our glasses adjusted.  Then we went to a big nursery in Puyallup to browse the plants and the gift shop.  Of course we didn't leave empty handed.


We drove through Puyallup, and past the church where we were married 43 years ago to the day, and on to an antique mall, where we spent more than an hour looking at old stuff.  Somehow this all seemed to be appropriate for a 43rd anniversary celebration.  We did then go out to dinner.  The weather was awful, pouring down rain, and it was good to get out of the house for half a day.


Friday we went to breakfast with friends as usual, and then I got in a 4 mile walk, as the weather had cleared.  After lunch I picked up Isaac and Irene and brought them home for an overnight with us.  We played games, ate spaghetti, and watched videos, and had a good time together.  Jill picked them up in the morning.  It was opening day for Little league, but Isaac's first game was called, since it was again pouring down rain.


I have been battling seasonal allergies to conifer tree pollen.  We live surrounded by fir and cedar trees so there is no escape.  This is a fairly recent development, something I have grown into.  I took a low dose of antihistamine, and then had to fight drowsiness all day.


The rain slackened by the time we went to a funeral at 1:00.  Sharon has been our neighbor for 33 years, and we raised our kids together.  She was only 62 when she lost her third battle with breast cancer.  It's disturbing to walk and drive past her house every day now, knowing she is gone.


The rain stopped and the sky cleared by the time we left Saturday evening for the stadium and another Sounders match.  With all of the rain we've had, it's unbelievable that all three home matches so far have been dry!  Unfortunately our luck dried up too, and we lost.  Bummer.


Sunday Tom and I cleaned house, I did the grocery shopping and putting away, and got in another four mile walk.  Staying healthy and fit is very time consuming.


Today turned out to be sunny and warm.  I had planned to spend the morning shopping, so I stuck to the plan, thinking I should be outside though.  Since losing over 50 pounds, I have purchased very few new clothes.  I am still about 10 pounds from my goal.  But except for my black 'funeral' suit that I bought in November, I have nothing to wear except jeans and tees.  


I shopped a Kohls, saved 40% on everything, and got some cute spring clothes to see me through Easter and Irene's birthday and  whatever else comes along in the next few months.  I had to work to find pants that fit.  It seems I have gone from a size 18 to an almost size 10.  These tangerine pants fit just right, but others 10s were a bit snug.  I need to keep exercising.
When I heard tangerine was the new hot color, I did not expect to actually own any.  But I was wrong.  Of course dressing up still means wearing tees for me.  Let's not get too carried away.


This afternoon it reached 61 degrees.  Tom got the lawn mowed.

I planted the plants we bought last Thursday, an then went for another long walk.  I'm still working on that last 10 pounds.

10 comments:

  1. It does sound like you've just been too busy to post! Nice duds, Linda, I'm hoping you'll get someone to take some pictures of you in them.

    And some really nice pictures in here, too... thanks for checking in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, isn't it, how "there's nothing happening" really means, "there are lots of things happening"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new clothes do indeed look like spring and you'll be right in style with the tango tangerine pants. Good luck on your last 10 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try a children's antihistamine that is non-drowsy. It is a nice low dose and doesn't make you sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy. Can't wait to see what you do for a fully decorated Easter table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!

    silly coincidences here - last night I saw a comedian do a bit about his parents being married 43 years
    the other day I saw a fashion thingy about how to color block tangerine and how it is the new it color and how it flatters all skin tones

    see how current you are :)

    and how skinny you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your new clothes-a reward for loosing all that weight-good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were busy! Love the table cloth, napkins, and apron. Buy a muumuu the next time you are in Hawaii. Some are form fitting and some are baggy. Wear it to a luau in Waikiki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really an accomplished seamstress! Love the bright colors of the Easter tablecloth and apron. I even like the tangerine in your new clothes. Looking a lot like spring there in spite of all that rain. Hopefully the sunny warm day was a sign of things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The yard is looking great..I love Kohls and shop online too...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.