Saturday, April 7, 2012

HAPPY EASTER! HAPPY SPRING!

The table is set, the desserts are made, the decorations are in place, and plans have been made for a visit from the Easter Bunny and the Birthday Bird ( ask Dr. Seuss).  


It's warm and sunny and we've been spiffing up outside.  We're just about ready for a sit on the patio with a little wine and cheese before we watch the Sounders play an away match in Washington DC.


This post card is my Easter greeting to you this year.  Easter for me is the celebration of Spring and renewal.  Whether that is nature or faith or inspiration - that's your choice.  Whatever it means to you, I hope it's happy!


This is the back of the post card.  It was sent to Tom's mother, Bernice, and her sister, when Bernice was nine years old in 1919.




It's a treasure, of course.  I hope your holiday is a treasure too.

10 comments:

  1. Love that postcard! Happy Easter to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do keep things for a long time. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, and lovely sentiments. I wish the same for you and yours, Linda. Happy Easter! The Light has returned to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On to easter, I have my twin grand daughters here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your are having/have had a happy easter Linda - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will be planting the peas and beans today, and taking a walk in our neighborhood. Dinner with good friends.

    Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, Linda sent me your way ... I love your blog and am your newest follower.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a lovely day, thank you!

    It looks more like May here than the first week in April. I'm not complaining, though. It's simply glorious!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.