Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Art in the Garden at the BBG: The Art

One of our favorite gardens to visit is the public garden at the Bellevue botanical Garden. It is even more fun when they stage their late summer garden art show. We joined our Joyful Gardeners group for a meet up there on Saturday.

The late summer gardens were wonderful, but the art was pretty cool too. 

This is called glass quilting, and is made with beads and glass laid on old window glass and then secured with resin. 

Enameled metal birds. 




We love Peter Godwin's Forest Green Enterprises creations and have purchased a few smaller pieces in the past. 
Saturday we bought this guy, Hop Man. Pricey, but we called it Tom's birthday present, even though that isn't until October. 
Sprinklers that twirl.

Rusty metal.


Wire creations. 









 Fused glass lanterns.



 Kokedama, a Japanese form of bonsai where root balls are wrapped in twine and moss. 
 Wonderful wire cages for plants. We talked to the husband and wife team that makes them. they live on Whidbey Island, where we have seen their creations at the chocolate flower Farm shop in Langley. 
 Metal sculpture
 Glass sculpture



 Beautiful ceramic tiles.
 And our other purchase.
It was hard to pay attention to the art at times, because the garden was the star of the show. I'll show that next. 

13 comments:

  1. Great photos of the art from the show! You were obviously there before me, because we bought one of the pieces in your photo of the ceramic tiles -- the one of the tree. It was Nigel's pick. We bought another one too, a large round piece with tiles of succulents all over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were there Saturday morning. I think the woman who makes the ceramic tiles is a true artist. I love her work. I have just not been willing to pay those prices. I'm glad you supported her.

      Delete
  2. Awesome garden art. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad to be able to just see these through your pictures or else I would be too tempted to buy too many of these wonderful creations. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be hard to pick out just one item. The piece You and Tom picked out for his birthday, I really like. It has a kind face and sweet smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference a day makes! We were there on Sunday and many of the things you showed were already sold. I hope that bodes well for the artists and the Bellevue Botanical Garden! I'd decided in advance that I wasn't going to buy anything but so enjoyed walking the garden and seeing the creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All kinds of cool stuff. we do the same thing about buying birthday presents ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great art! I have never heard of glass quilting before. It's beautiful. Thanks for this tour, Linda. I enjoyed it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pieces. I thought Tom was studying how he might make his own lantern, but I see he made a purchase instead.;) Now I look forward to te plants that outshine the art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What creative and lovely art pieces. The materials used makes me wonder,"How on earth did they think to use that?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, what a fun place, I would buy too much...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have THE MOST GORGEOUS pieces of art in Seattle. I’ve always marveled at all the beautiful pieces you’ve posted and those I’ve seen when we visited there. I wish we had those in Hawaii. Well, we might, but it would be in an art gallery and even more expensive.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.