Friday, August 17, 2018

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

I have several blogging friends who are strictly garden bloggers. On the 15th of each month, they post photos of what's blooming in their gardens. My two friends live here in the Puget Sound country, so what we have blooming at any one time is similar, although they tend to the more exotic that I do. 

I don't usually participate in this meme, but it did get me to thinking about what might be blooming on that hot, smoky day in my garden, so I took my camera and went out to see what I could find. About 130 photos later, I decided there was more than I realized. 

I'll post the results over several days, and try to group plants in categories. We;ll see how this turns out. 

Roses:











Hydrangeas






Fuchsias: 







Dahlias:






There are more dahlias, but that's enough.

How about what's towering over the dahlias? Sunflowers!



More to come! I might have to look up a few plant names on the next bunch. 

11 comments:

  1. Ah, so much beauty! Roses always make me sigh with pleasure. I really should take the plunge and plant at least one. But how on earth would I choose which one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beutiful flowers. I especially enjoyed the roses and dahlias, two of my favorite flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roses and hydrangeas and fuchsias, oh my! (Dahlias and sunflowers to boot.) Lots of gorgeous blooms and more to come - impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are obviously ignoring the foul air and heat. Of course it could be that their caretakers are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea to keep track of what blooms when.
    I like your various Fuchsias... and the Dahlias are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your flowers are gorgeous. I'd love to know what varieties of roses are pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know there were so many different types of Fuchsias. You have tons of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing! Everything looks so lush and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fun can almost smell their fragrances!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Everything looks great, I especially enjoyed the Sunflowers and the Dahlias! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.