Sunday, August 19, 2018

More August Blooms

Tom collects fancy leaf geraniums, actually pelargoniums.  We have a few zonals too.











There are more of these too, but that will do.

On to other stuff.  These are in pots on the patio, and some live in the greenhouse over winter. 

Abutilons



Begonia boliviensis 'Bonfire'
 Purple oxalis
 Impatiens edging the patio. 


 Fuzzy echeverias


 Solanum pyracanthum: purlpe flowers and orange spines
Canna 
 Petunia

 Flea bane daisy - Erigeron Karvinskianus - such a big name for such petite blooms. 
Sedum
 Verbena "Homestead Purple'
 Knautia macedonica
 Phlox

 Hosta
 Crocosmia
 Coreopsis
Himalayan honeysuckle - Leycesteria Formosa
 Chive
 Annuals in the cutting garden.

French marigolds
 Asters
 Tall marigolds

 Poppies
 Zinnias. 
 I had just picked a bunch of asters and zinnias so the garden was a bit bare. Here they are.
There's more still to come.

11 comments:

  1. Linda,
    Tom's geraniums are beautiful and the quality of your photographs makes them even more so. Isn't it nice to be a retired teacher this time of year? Instead of plan books and parents' nights, we can sit among our flowers and play on our blogs! (I do miss the kids though...). Happy Sunday, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had Abutilons. I'm really enjoying these closeups of your flowers. I wish I had sowed Zinnias this year. I'm not doing much out in the garden right now except making notes about everything I want to do differently next year (i.e., everything I did wrong this year).

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the flowers are so pretty but those reds in the first few pictures caught my eye. Love those in your last post too. How do you ever keep up with the names of all your flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers and colors are stunning and so healthy looking. I fear the blistering heat here, even with watering, have taken my flowers and almost my grass. Now we are finally getting some rain and cooler temps. It is a challenge today being a gardener. This year, I gave up the battle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People are working constantly to come up with new varieties. Looks like they're doing a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Flowers galore and more to come! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! Those dark Petunias are awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fabulous flowers, Linda. Sigh.. They cheer and uplift your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all beautiful! All the bright pretty colors. Several of the varieties I have bought over the years but have none of them now except a few phlox. It's got to be all the shade we have that keeps them from thriving and blooming pretty. I bought and planted Lavender and bee balm in early spring. The Lavender died right away and the bee balm looks awful. Glad I can enjoy your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an abundance of bright beauty in your late summer garden. Your use of them in the vase is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.