Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Still More August Blooms

By the time this post appears, I will have left my computer behind, have gone to a family reunion, and am now at the cabin on the Oregon coast. 

In the mean time here are the rest of the August blooms I left behind in my garden. 

Butterfly bush - Buddleja
 Hebe
Clematis(s)



Nepeta - catmint. 
Daisy
 Companula 'Kent Belle'
 Astrantia
 Lysimachia - loosestrife
 Geranium 
 Sedum
 Spiria 'Magic Carpet'
 Japanese anemone
 Cape lily - Schizostylis coccinea
 Persistent violas self seeded in the patio cracks
 Corydalis lutea
 A self-seeder I can't remember
 Goldenrod
 Salvia something
 Red valerian
 Golden hops
 Cape fuchsia 
 A persistent Welsh poppy
 Sedum
 Hosta
Well, at least there wasn't much to read if you didn't care what the names of the plants were. I promise, I'm done with the August blooms now. 

I'll be back later. 

11 comments:

  1. We have quite a few of the same flowers including clematis and butterfly bush. When I lived on a 5 acre farm my neighbor lady told me valerian's common name is Meet Me By the Gate, which I like. Plus it is also called Jupiter's Beard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the volunteer self seeders and they usually become my favorites. Gotta admire their ingenuity and will to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you’re having a great time with your wonderful family. We shall be looking forward to seeing your happy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love learning the names of some of these, which I know well. I hope you have a great family reunion, Linda. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful. Thanks for taking us through your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your flowers look amazing.
    I hope you're having a great time at your family reunion and at the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blossoms. You are fortunate to have such a profusion for so much of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blooms. Hope you're having fun at Rockaway Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great time away! I thought of you today at Rockaway Beach and told my husband that I really want to go travel down the Oregon coast again. I just love Rockaway Beach in particular.

    A high school friend and I were visiting recently at a lunch gathering, and she said she hated to leave her garden and go visit her daughter for two months during September and October. I understand that. Late summer in the garden brings such wonderful delights. Your flowers always bring joy.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.