Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Cancelled Appointments

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had appointments cancelled due to COVID-19.

Two weeks ago I was scheduled for a trip to the dentist to have my permanent crown put on, the last step in that phase of dental work that began in December. I had had an earlier appointment to do that, but the permanent crown didn't fit correctly and had to go back to the lab. That takes three week, and two weeks later all but emergency or urgent dental and medical treatments were postponed. 

So, OK, I can go longer with the temporary crown, except yesterday it came off. I called the phone number I found on line for emergencies at my dental clinic. They were closed but another clinic in the chain, farther away, was open and could see me. So today I had my temporary crown replaced. The clinic was being very careful with cleanliness and I feel OK about having to go there. I'm glad I could get the help I needed. 


I will not be so lucky with my hair cut appointment. I have short hair, and for more than 35 years I have had a regular haircut every five weeks at the same shop. I schedule the next appointment before I leave the shop. I am now at week eight and getting shaggy, and I bet some of you know just what I mean. I am imagining week twelve and week sixteen. Not pretty. And no way am I skilled at cutting my own hair. This will be interesting.

I have an appointment next week at our medical center for my next echo cardiogram, which I get every six months now to  monitor my aortic valve stenosis. So far I have not received notice of cancellation, so maybe that one is considered urgent? We'll see. I am not looking forward to it because I am still sore from the pressure of the probe from the last one. This will not be pleasant. 

What is pleasant is the beautiful weather we are having. I got in my two mile walk today, and even worked in the garden, beginning the job of renewing the lawn edging. The tulips are blooming, and the photos on this post were taken this afternoon in our garden. 

The new header photo is from 2018, at the Tulip Festival at Roozengarde in the Skagit Valley. The festival is cancelled this year even thought the tulips are blooming, so old photos will have to do. 

Tomorrow we're going to the Whidbey Island cabin just for the day. We'll do any weeding that needs to be done and enjoy the tulips we planted there.

Life is good here. We count our blessings. 


12 comments:

  1. Haircuts? Oh yes! I've threatened to start a ponytail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those tulips in the third photo? If so, what kind are they? I've never seen any like those.
    I imagine hair is becoming quite a problem for most people. I wear mine long, straight, and usually tied back in a scrunchie so I'm okay but others in the family are looking somewhat shaggy. There must be a YouTube tutorial on cutting hair. Maybe Tom could watch it and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are called lily flowered tulips, tall and skinny except when opened up in full sun.

      Delete
  3. Those tulips in your photos are so joyful to look at, and the idea of a day trip to a cabin on Whidbey Island sounds like a great tonic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Challenges and change as I wrote on another blog. My haircut is a layered version and can grow out for months...but I do wish I had gotten a cut just before the shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did get a haircut just before the shutdown, so I should be okay for awhile. Glad you were able to get that crown replaced, Linda. This is sure a difficult time for all of us to go through. I put a picture on my desktop of last year's tulips from Roozengaarde just yesterday, and I smiled when I saw your new header, knowing right where it came from. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is good as long as we don't get the virus...what's a little shaggy hairdo plus roots growing out and dental problems??? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful tulips in your gardens! Tom must know how to cut hair! I just get a trim every six months and Far Guy shaves his head everyday so we are all set in the hair dept. Maybe you will like longer hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those tulips. I am shaggy around the edges too. ha... That isn't bothering me. The cold weather that has come back in here has me in a funk. Things could be so much worse though so I am not really complaining. At least you can get outside. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you. Meanwhile, those tulips look just gorgeous. Something I can't see here in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glorious pictures! I have a clear calendar without appointments or classes because of this virus. My hair is also getting shaggy but nobody notices and when I go out, I wear my mask and hat so it is like being incognito. I hope they don't probe you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.