Thursday, April 2, 2020

A Good Day

I woke up early, earlier than the 6:30 alarm, but felt rested. It was grocery shopping day. We are at the local Safeway by 7:15, where we found very few other shoppers, shelves well stocked, and we got everything we needed. We'll see if we can go two weeks now. 

I had plenty of time to read social media and catch up on the news. I got my PT exercises done, 8 miles on the stationary bike while reading my current novel, and finished a sewing project before lunch. 

After lunch I decided to give walking a try. We hadn't walked to the neighborhood park for quite a while. I knew the cherry trees were blooming. That was my motivation. 
The dog park and the playground are closed, but there were a few other folks out enjoying a walk. 

Look!

Perfect timing. This is such fleeting beauty.

The native red flowering currant was in bloom too. 

Now I'm relaxing in my recliner, resting my back, before it's time to turn on the news and make some dinner.  I have some TV and some streaming to entertain me this evening.

It's a good day. 

13 comments:

  1. Oh! Those Cherry trees are beautiful I am so glad you went for that walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being out in these colorful blossoms would chere anybody up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful trees -- the blooms are a fleeting joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like it was a pretty perfect day. I had a good one, too. But now I'm ready for bed and it's still early! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cherry trees are gorgeous! A walk like that would have to make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cherry blossoms are so lovely! It sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my those cherry blossoms were amazing. You had a very active and productive day. Your smile tells it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you have had a near perfect day. The Cherry blossoms were well worth getting out to see. Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pink flowers are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good day, indeed! Those trees are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cherry trees in bloom are so lovely!! I'm glad you got to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just found your blog, thank you from Downunder. The cherry blossom is so pretty. I am pleased you were able to go for a walk and see the beautiful flowers. I remember the beautiful cherries we had on our trip to my cousin in Creston, BC. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.