Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Sunday

It was too hard to not have any family celebration on this Easter Sunday, so we compromised.

I woke up early, so I had time in the morning to check in with blog friends and Face Book. I got the paper and picked some fresh flowers for the table. Tom and I had a yummy breakfast with left over Christmas cardamom bread from the freezer, complete with frosting and cherries. Merry Easter!


After breakfast I did a few of my exercises, trying to get the sciatica under control, which sort of worked, and then we went for our two mile walk over to the park. It was a beautiful morning and we greeted a few others that were out enjoying it.

Jill had asked her dad to come over and hide eggs while they ate their Easter dinner. I had been thinking the same thing.  We had decided not to do dinner together, but outside might be OK. We have all been socially isolating and are as safe as we can be.

We arrived about 1:00, while they were eating. Tom quietly hid the eggs that had been left in an agreed upon location, while I stayed in the car and read the paper. The kids were surprised when Tom opened the front door and announced that it was time for the egg hunt.

I joined in the fun. Ready, set, go! Since I was already off the porch, I got a head start. I pretty much just went where they weren't while Tom sat and watched.
 It was time for the count. Ooops! Six eggs still out.
 Ah. I found one! Clever camouflage, Tom. 
 We finally found all but one. Jill even knows that it's a blue one. You always have to have one that you find sometime in the summer or fall. 

 Treasures inside the eggs, cash and chocolate!





 Then we talked a while, mostly about on-line school. It's not much, but it's at least something, and the kids use things like Face Time to "see" their friends. 
 The first rhodie and the pear tree were in bloom. The sky was blue and the mood was lighthearted. 
I am happy.

And soon we will warm up the wonderful ham dinner Jill sent home with us. 

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! Beautiful and bright and (here anyway) windy from the north. I walked a couple of miles in the sunshine and managed to lose my homemade face mask. Love all your pictures, and yes, that a perfect place to hide a pink egg :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's nice that you got in at least one Ester tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Tom hiding the eggs! At least part of your Easter Traditions happened! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got to see family! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All considered, you had a pretty good Easter I'd say. We also did some compromising and saw one grand-daughter and had a little visit then later youngest son came for a while to chat from a reasonable distance. Every little bit helps to keep up our spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we had ham dinner also but no egg hunt-they ended up int he potato salad-very quiet day-all my family lives hours away. Glad you had good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back when it was real HB eggs that were hidden one of ours wasn't found until almost a week later - when the lamp it was hidden in "ripened" it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job Tom. Well planned and looked like fun. Bet they are glad the lost one is plastic and not real. I think the real ones tend to explode if let out too long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you did part of the Easter celebration anyway. That was fun, and for me too. It's so hard to believe that Isaac and Irene are grown up now. It is so sweet of them, and Jill, to enjoy the tradition of looking for Easter eggs. You and Tom are so special. Your Easter breakfast table is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have wonderful family traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy you were able to spend some time near your family. It sounds like fun!

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy your could be with your family even if it wasn't in the traditional way. It looks like you had a great day. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.