Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

 Here we are, ready for trick-or-treating!

We have a mean looking pirate, a princess, two witches and a great blue heron.
 I think Aunt Jan was the star of the show!
 When we hit the mall, she got more looks than anyone.  See that guy over on the right side of the photo?
 Irene was not shy about getting the treats.
 The kids scored quite well in the candy department.
 We big kids had fun watching all of the other little costumed kids too.
We had dinner at the food court at the mall, then worked our way back to the parking garage, picking up more treats along the way.


Back in our neighborhood, we drove to a couple of friends houses before returning home.  I got the jack-o-lantern lit and then made the kids come to my front door.



And then Jill and the kids were on their way home, maybe to light their pumpkins and greet a few trick-or-treaters at their door.


We had a great time.  Hope you did too.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun Halloween! Reminds me of when my kids were little! Thanks for the fun, Linda! Hope your week is going well! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's where all the kids are!!! We had only 10 kids at the door tonight. I couldn't believe it! This is the least amount of kids we've ever had. I LOVE your costumes!!! I imagine everybody was admiring your fabulous costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you guys really had the Halloween spirit. Great costumes! So glad you all had a good time, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great costumes!!
    the heron is fantastic
    I love Irene's expression when getting candy, as if to guilt them into more :)

    love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great costumes! I agree that the expression Irene gave the guy was priceless. And I also love the Great Blue Heron. No wonder everybody was impressed! Sounds like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a fun time. we live in a retirement community with no soliciting so we have zero trick or treaters...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What would we do without princess Irene to keep everybody in line! Looking at your pictures was the sum total of my halloween celebrating.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.