Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Keeping In Touch Through Technology

I just got this photo and a note via e-mail from Irene, with the help of her Aunt Jan.  It sounds like they are all having a great time on Whidbey Island.

I got this photo off of Facebook, where Jill just posted it.  Irene likes her new fort.

Of course I have been thinking of them all day, and missing them too, so it was great to get these updates.

Technology is amazing.  I am in wonder at all we can do now with so much ease.  I got Suzy, my Acer Netbook back in the mail yesterday.  It was like reuniting with an old friend.  We do get used to our electronic toys, and miss them when we don't have them.  Thanks to son-in-law Corey for supplying emergency services.   Now there's a guy who's really hooked on technology, and he knows his way around it too.

Of course, virtual is not quite as good as in person, so tomorrow we plan to crash the beach party for part of the day.  I need a hug.

7 comments:

  1. fun photos of your cute grandkids enjoying themselves. bet they miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what great pictures of the kids. And Whidbey Island must have had some good weather today. I'm impressed that "Aunt Jan" can handle the technology too. Enjoy your little visit --especially the hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The virtual world is good. I LOVE the top photo of your beautiful grandchildren. It is just amazing to think it was sent via email. How fun is that? We live in an amazing age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also am in awe of what we can do and have become accustomed to in terms of technology. I find Facebook to be valuable to see old friends from years gone by and how they are doing. My blogging buddies (like you) are becoming some of those old friends! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the choices we have with technology. I have to reminded myself that purchases should be based on what I need to do, not on what I'd like to have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful kids! Congrats on getting your Acer back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great photo of the kids! YES, technology has certainly made the world a smaller place, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.