Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tiny Technology

As you may remember, I got an iPod Nano for Christmas.  This little postage stamp size miracle holds all of my favorite songs for walking, plus pod casts, and has an FM radio, which I use at soccer matches for listening to our favorite radio commentator while watching the play on the field.  I plug in one ear and follow along with the stadium chants with the other. 
Last week, son Jake got a song stuck in his head over some comment made, and wanted to hear the lyrics.  I said, "I have that on my iPod". 

In order to hear it I had to plug him in with the ear buds, because I don't have an external speaker system for my iPod and I don't have the right cable to plug it into the stereo.

I got to thinking that a speaker system would be good to have.  Our tuner is old and not easily compatible with new jack systems, so I went on line to see what I could find.

I found this!  I ordered it from Amazon and it arrived yesterday.

It's a small, zippered case that the iPod fits into and plugs into.  It has a rechargeable battery and plays about two hours on a charge.  It can be recharged by plugging it into a computer, or I can use my iPod adaptor and plug it right into a wall outlet.

So here you have it:  my mini-computer, my mini-music player, and my mini -speaker system.

Cool, huh.

9 comments:

  1. WAY cool, especially for a senior! And they say we can't figure all this stuff out. Could you come on over and help me? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, you are more techy than I am. The only hi-tech thingy I own is a PC. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Congrats on figuring all of that out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I am a technology junkie; I love things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a nano I never use, I need some speakers....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a modern technical miracle Linda! I think the technical name is 'Nerd'! :-) Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your 'many minies' are 'major cool', Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is way cool! I love it! I can never figure those things out, but now you've got me wanting one.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.