Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pants

I went clothes shopping yesterday!  That's not something I do often, and not something I enjoy, but I needed new pants.  My old pants are all too big!

I am now at minus 33 pounds.  I had two sizes of pants around here, from when I was on my way up to 200 pounds.  But now I'm down to the third size, and in that size I only have a few very old pairs of slacks from way back in my working days. 

Of course all I wear anymore is jeans, so I bought two new pair and one pair of capris.  This morning I went through all of my closets and pulled out any "bottoms" I could find, tried them all on, and made two piles:  one to wash up, thinking one or two pairs could shrink up enough to be presentable, and one to just get rid of without further thought.

I'm not through losing weight, so I don't want to invest too much during the transition.  I sure hope I don't need any dress up clothes for a while.  Can you wear jeans to a wedding or a funeral?

Now I have one big question: do I dispose of (donate) all of the too big pants, or do I put some away, just in case?

I await your advice.

Update:  Those big pants will be in the donation bag in the morning, and off to Goodwill.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's great news. Right now I'm glad I kept my larger sizes, as I have gained 20 pounds since last fall. Bummer! But, maybe it would be incentive knowing you'll have nothing to wear if you gain it back. Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...when I lost alot of weight (many years ago!) I gave all the bigger clothing to a thrift shop. Figured that way I would have an incentive NOT to go back up to the former size. Congrats on your accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment! I have had this dilemma in the past too. Currently I have three sizes of various things. I am happy I kept some of my smaller sized pieces because I have been on Weight Watchers and they fit again. I wish you the best whatever choice you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Hard decision. When I lost weight, I got rid of my baggy stuff. I guess it didn't matter when I gained a bit of weight back because I just bought new stuff. The styles had changed anyway. Congratulations on your weight loss!!! That is so excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you give the big ones away-congrats on your great achievement....

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, congratulations on your weight loss! You are inspiring me.

    Weight Watchers says to get rid of all the different sizes of clothes. I end up having a variety of sizes in my closet. I try to keep more small sizes than large sizes so I won't be tempted to gain more weight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah -- that's a great question!! I think I'd give them away. And kudos on your phenomenal weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you decided to just give them away, that's more in line with positive thinking! Congratulations on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say get rid of them! And congratulations on the weight loss, that is an amazing amount of weight since January. (I know when you started because we started at the same time.)

    I have kept the 12 pounds off, but I still cannot wear some of my favorite pants comfortably. Although I weigh less, what's left over is still concentrated around my middle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, donate and get a tax deduction. Win-win situation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GIVE THEM AWAY!!!!
    you don't want those in your closet to 'fall back on' and make it 'okay' to gain weight...
    I am so so proud of you for losing 33 lbs. and hurray! new clothes! I really am proud of you--it takes a lot of energy and hard work to lose weight!
    Keep going girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a box of "too bigs" in the garage. If I don't need them for a year, they go to Goodwill.

    I save the "too smalls" until they're so far out of style I know I'd never wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off---good for you. a wonderful accomplishment!!! Second get rid of anything that soesn't fit, as I see you did. You will want new stuff to mark the occasion.

    I made a couple of blue and red bottle yard art when you posted them last summer. Very neat. MB

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK, so you can always buy the big ones again if you need them, huh? :-) - Dave

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.