Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's A Green Day!

As much as we love our sunny days, and yesterday it reached 69 here, it takes a rainy day to really appreciate the GREEN. Everything takes on a jewel tone next to the emerald green grass.
Soon the shades of green of new foliage will be multitude. I love the layers of green.
Oregon Grape and viburnum are blooming in the front yard, filling the entrance with fragrance.
And the city is wearing the green as if it were St Patrick's Day, but it's Sounders Rave Green! Our MLS Soccer season starts this evening at Qwest Field, where 35,000 fans, wearin' the green, will be cheering on our team. We'll be there, rain or shine.
Tom's ready!
If you're curious, look for the match on ESPN2, 6:30 Pacific time.

7 comments:

  1. Linda, I'm looking forward to seeing many beautiful blog headers this summer. Everytime you post a new one it's prettier than the one before!

    I know the Pacific Northwest must be the greenest place on earth. I never cease to marvel at all the shades of green. They also have the brighest colors in the rainbows here.

    Have fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rain sure does make things green and your garden is lovely wearin the green. For me, though, it makes it unpleasant to do outdoor activities. I guess I'm a Whimp. I know that many in the northwest get outside rain or shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you have all kinds of gardening tools and machinery to make your garden as beautiful as it is. Could you perhaps do a post on that? All we have are a lawn mower, a weed whacker, and a hedge trimmer... What else do we need?

    If that all is too costly for our budget, we might just hire a yard man to do the work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. green indeed, you are always green and lush with flowers and rain. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your little colorful mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your home and yards are so beautiful

    and hubby is pretty cute too ;)

    I really love how the paving stones glisten in the top shot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, your gardens look great. Well done to Tom and you! - Dave

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.