Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Is Here

This flower, like the ones in my header, is a member of the buttercup family named Brazen Hussy. In the header it's mixed with some cousins with green leaves, but the true Hussy has golden flowers and black leaves. It opens up in bright, direct light, which we had in abundance today. Our high was 64 degrees.
-
I'm not sure which I like more, this striking little plant, or it's wonderful name. I just like saying "Brazen Hussy".
-
We have lived in this house for almost 32 years. Our kids were five and three when we moved in, so they grew up here. That means we have a lot of stuff.
-
As I cleaned house today I debated with myself about getting out the Easter decorations. Since I have them it seems a shame to let them sit stored away in a closet, even if I'm now only decorating for Tom and me. And it is that time of year. So I did.
-
On the mantel
and the hearth.
My pottery collection took on a new look as some became companions for bunnies and some holders for eggs.
Yes, those are store bought flowers, and not from the garden. I don't want to pick all of my own! But I like having a bouquet on my kitchen table at all times.
Ducks came out of the display case to dabble on the bathroom counter.
By the time I had all of this done, I had a bigger mess, with "grass" all over the place. But that's why I saved the vacuuming until last.
-
And then, all done, I had time to sit outside on the patio and work my crossword puzzle in the sunshine.
What a life!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have a lot of Easter decorations. I put a few things out but not too many. I wish I would but I don't.

    You plants are amazing. My Hostas are coming up--about as much as yours and my Gold Heart Bleeding Heart is showing bud. It is amazing how these plants keep going year by year. My Helleborus are doing great too. MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your Easter decorations Linda, and also that brilliant 'Brazen Hussy'. It is a great name isn't it? And such a pretty little flower. Loved your header also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see the feminine touch Linda. Your Easter decorations look great! Also enjoyed your flower photos in your previous blog. Thanks for letting us see your efforts. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. great celebration of spring and easter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, your home and your website are both eye candy that doesn't add any pounds to me! Lovely. And BTW, can you send me a note to tell me how to find you on Facebook? My email is available on my profile page if you don't already have it. I think you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I LOVE the header photo and I do like the name of the flower-it is quite the name isn't it?? As for decorating for Easter, oh my, it is on its way isn't it? I stopped decorating when Ashton graduated high school in June but darn it, I am going to keep on. Mark and I will enjoy all the cheer! Your decorations are simply stunning. Wow, what a wonderful collection you have. It should be displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irene says "I love grandma. I like your decorations. They are pretty. They are Eastery. I like your Easter friends. You are a special grandma and you are ready for Easter."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright! I do get to share my decorations with my grandchildren after all. Thank you, Irene. And thanks, Jill, for showing her my blog.
    I love technology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a life indeed!!! This was so much fun to see and gave me such a lift.

    Thank you for your comment, Linda. It gave me just the right pull I needed to get back to my blogging. I've been thinking about blogging for the last few days but just couldn't quite get myself going. You did it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crossword puzzles in the sun...sounds like a relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the decorations especially the ducks...I do love ducks and the flowers on your blog header...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great name for a bright yellow flower! It looks like you take Easter as seriously as the Europeans do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, your Easter decorations are wonderful! The collection of white is perfect with the bright colored eggs.

    I have had such fun reading your blog today! So may wonderful posts.

    I may have to sit in the sun and work a puzzle today too... Sudoku for me though.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.