Friday, November 25, 2011

Giving Thanks

 I'm giving thanks today for a wonderful Thanksgiving.


The turkey was done on schedule and wonderfully smokey and juicy, thanks to Tom, who monitored it faithfully.


There were no lumps in the gravy thanks to the help of  son Jake who whisked vigorously as I added the thickening.  The mashed potatoes were smooth thanks to Cousin Dan.  Those fresh herbs made for a wonderfully aromatic stuffing. Jan and Ann brought lovely hors d' oeuvres.  Aunt Evelyn added cake and fresh berries to the dessert table.


But mostly I'm thankful that we could be together, mixing family and friends of three generations, and share in the good food and good fortune that we enjoy.  As some of us reminisced about the "old days", and realized how far we've come in sixty years, we all felt very fortunate to be where we are today.


Jake added that he was thankful for the Internet.  Me too.  You, my virtual friends and family, are very real and important to me too.


And right now I'm thankful that it's another new day, the sun is shining, and instead of going shopping in the wee hours, I've had a good night's sleep and now I'm off to have Friday morning breakfast with friends.


I'm a little tired today.  But it's a good tired.



Sorry.  I have no new photos for today.  I was too busy yesterday.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful table settings, Linda. Glad the party was a success! Instead of shopping today, I am doing laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing table! I love it! I wish I could find some nice Thanksgiving centerpieces. Perhaps I'll go out and look for some. We did go out this morning at 4:30 and bought one thing and I went back to sleep. Went to zumba toning and maybe I'll go back to sleep...............again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table has almost an optical deceit look, but in a very good way.
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely table setting, sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving with family and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving Day Linda. Your table settings look nice and the food sounded great! - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tablecloth and all the trimmings looked wonderful, Linda. It's warm look certainly set the mood for being thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new range must have performed perfectly. But Linda, the table setting and perfect china... they make the occasion, even before the food, simply perfect.

    You are indeed a very accomplished person, and very fortunate to have your family members with you. I always enjoy that you share them with me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and I am happy to have you as a blogger friend Linda..hugs..

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.