Monday, July 21, 2014

Dragonfly Farms Nursery

Not far from Windcliff is a small nursery that the owner describes as "your neighborhood nursery", and it does have that feel about it. Dragonfly Farms Nursery specializes in rare plants, but has the familiar too, and lots of interesting "yard art".


 A "green" sedum roof 



 A wood rasp dragonfly



 A stroll through the display garden








 Back in the nursery


 Now I need an old satellite dish!







 There is lots of industrial and repurposed "art" in the display borders.


















 A cruise ship crossed our path on the ferry ride home.  I felt no envy for those passengers off on an adventure. I was happy to be returning home.  Life is an adventure.

9 comments:

  1. Dragonfly Farms is one of my favorite places! Heidi is so full of energy and her place is full of great plants and art. Thanks for the virtual visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that your first visit to Dragonfly? It's such a great nursery, and I love Heidi to pieces, she's such a forceful personality. It looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This guy could take anything and use it in a creative fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is all lovely. I think my day is going to include a trip to a local nursery or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures, as usual, Linda. I especially like the satellite dish and the "cactus" yard art. Very interesting place; I may have to make a trip there some day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, what a beautiful place to visit. Each individual shot is equally lovely. I'm sure you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fascinating place. Something unusual at every corner. Love people who can turn trash into art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great place to visit...wonderful photos Linda

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.