Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Slowing Down, Just A bit

It was 10:30 when we finally got going this morning. Before then, I had scanned the newspaper, checked emails and a few blogs, listened to the radio, and emailed my granddaughter. Irene, who is four going on five, posted a comment on my blog, through her mother, about my Easter decorations in my last post. I loved it. Then some movies showed up in my email. But first I had to figure out how to open them. They have a new camera and I guess a new format. I downloaded one and followed the prompts from my smart computer, installed Quick Time, and was able to watch Irene talking to be. My smile lasted a long time. Irene is home "sick" today with pink eye, so Jill had to take the day off too. Girl's day off! We went out to run some errands and a little shopping. Tom got his glasses fixed. I bought a new mini-mouse for my mini-computer. We talked to a guy at Comcast to see how we could get Hi-Def on our little kitchen TV, but at over $12 /month rental on a box we don't want to have sitting on the counter, we said "No Thanks". Tom said the cable company is getting to be like the airlines, charging extra for everything. When we got back about noon, the mail had arrived, and with it, the 2010 census form. So I filled it out over lunch. I'll get it in the mail tomorrow. So DJan, if anything happens to me, at least I've been counted as HERE. After a long lunch, finishing the newspaper, reading email and blogs, I did some pre-sewing. My next project is to embroider shirts for Isaac and Irene. I bought some plain tee shirts, but thought Irene's needed to be girlied up. So I tried something new with my serger. I cut off the hems around the bottom and sleeves and did a "lettuce" edge on them. It worked! So I was pleased with myself. I'll show you when I get them done, hopefully right side up this time! So now where has the day gone? It's time for me to do my torture, er, I mean, physical therapy exercises before I start dinner. I've been having arthritis issues again and have gone back to more Naproxen. And the exercises. It's either that or stop moving. That doesn't sound like a great option. It was cloudy today, but not much came of the forecast of rain. It was just a good excuse to stay inside. And slow down, a little bit. I'm grateful for this day.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fine day to me! You accomplished a lot!

    My aunt used to garden quite a bit, growing lettuce and lucious cucumbers. But she had to give that up when it became too painful for her to bend down. She now takes Aleve for pain. Poor thing.

    Take care, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is an example of slowing down, then I am in reverse!! [haha]
    I also rec'd my census form. It's on my agenda for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are always so busy and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your day sounds like mine, run a few errands, pull a few weeds, go for a bike ride and find it is time to fix dinner. Actually, I think you accomplish much more than I do.

    You Easter decorations are lovely, they were certainly worth putting and Irene get enjoyment from them even from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know you've been counted. And that you are full of smiles. Me too, and it's St. Paddy's Day, gotta remember to wear GREEN. Thanks for friending me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a busy day. I couldn't begin to keep up with you. I liked your granddaughter's sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure are a busy person Linda! Since you mentioned Naproxin for your arthritus I asked my doctor about it and he agreed it was good for that. So I hope it contiues to give you relief. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Linda you are one busy lady. No 'slow down' days for you. Of course, keeping busy is what keeps one going. MB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry that your arthritis is bothering you... My friend just got the cast off after surgery on her hand and wrist due to damage from osteoartritis and she needs the other hand done too....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. We got our census form, too. It's the short form so we finished it quickly. Art was a census taker 10 years ago and found it very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.